By: Cheryl Maguire
I’m a mom to twins. Usually, this admission elicits a myriad of questions. Who was born first? Are they identical? How do you manage? People are fascinated by twins, especially twin babies. I couldn’t even go to the grocery store without strangers approaching me to get a closer look at “the twins.” Sometimes, I felt like I was warding off the paparazzi. Now that they are older, no one even knows they are twins since they are a boy and girl and don’t look alike.
I wrote this top ten list when they were babies; I would refer to it during the more challenging times. I still feel this way, but some of the statements are more relevant to when they were little (they are now 11 years old). I would also add to the list they can help each other with their homework.
Top Ten Reasons Why I Love Being a Mom of Twins
10. Only one pregnancy, for two babies—that is 2 for the price of 1 in my book!
9. I don’t have to worry about what I look like, everyone is too busy staring at “the twins.”
8. No one expects me to arrive on time.
7. After having twins, I feel like I can accomplish anything.
6. I only have to plan and pay for one birthday party for two kids.
5. After potty training twins, my fear of germs is officially cured.
4. They have been sharing since they were in the womb—no teaching necessary. (Okay, this might be a stretch but it sounds good right?)
3. Twin Discounts (I’m starting to realize a lot of these are money saving related)
2. Everyone opens the door for us.
And the #1 reason I love being a mom of twins is . . . .
1. Daily affirmations from strangers that my hands are indeed full!
Why do you love about being a mom?