By: Kathy Trainor
This is the type of dish I make early in the morning when it is very hot and I don’t want to heat up the house. This can be a dip, a taco bowl or even taco filling. We also always have leftovers! Simple, easy and yummy…ENJOY!
- 6-ounce bag baked pita chips
- 1 cup black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons quinoa, cooked per package directions
- 1/2 cup shredded Monterrey Jack
- 2 tablespoons diced tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon diced canned green chilies
- 1 tablespoon diced red onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 avocado, pitted and diced
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Arrange chips in a single layer on two large ovenproof platters and top each with equal amounts beans, quinoa, cheese, tomatoes, green chilies and onion.
2. Bake for 5 to 10 minutes or until the cheese melts, alternating positions in the oven midway through. Garnish each with equal amounts cilantro and avocado; serve immediately.