By: Kathy Trainor
I just learned the wonder of Hoisin. My father-in-law was using it on some pork and I was in amazed at how good it was. I then learned it is common in asian cooking. I thought I love the wing at the local place we order from…I have chicken at home, lets give it a try! Let me tell you- they came out AMAZING!
- 4 pieces of chicken I used thighs and legs but you can use boneless breasts of chicken
- 3 teaspoons canola oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 bunches scallions
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- Heat grill to medium. Brush the chicken with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- In a medium bowl, toss the scallions with the remaining 2 teaspoons of oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Grill the chicken, covered, until cooked through, 4 to 7 minutes per side; brush with the hoisin sauce and turn occasionally during the last 3 minutes of cooking.
- After the chicken has cooked for 5 minutes, grill the scallions, turning occasionally, until tender, 2 to 4 minutes.
Very simple for a mid week meal or even a game time snack.