By: Alison Puzia, Guest Contributor
Looking for activities to do with your family this month? Look no longer. We’ve compiled a list of the best events going on in your area- perfect for the whole family!
1. Fuller Craft Museum’s Machines and Mechanizations: Exploration in Contemporary Kinetic Sculpture exhibit is a great way to experience non-traditional art. Your kids will be fascinated by how the artists incorporate movement and sound into their works.
2. Brockton Public Library is hosting Time for Twos on March 6, at 10:30 am. Spend time with your two-year-old telling stories and nursery rhymes, singing, and participating in other fun activities.
3. Oak Knoll Sanctuary is hosting Winter Wildlife Walk: Wake up Chipmunk on March 8, at 10:30 am. This event, suitable for children 5-10 years old, explores how these furry creatures survive the winter’s cold, get food and live in New England. Register today!
4. Your older children will love Zumba for Tweens and Teens at Brockton Public Library, on March 8 at 1 pm. This workout class is a great way to get moving and have fun! Sign up today.
5. Celebrate while supporting a great cause. The 8th Annual Mardi Gras Madness Fundraiser takes place on March 8 at 7 pm at The Shaw’s Center. This is an adults-only event, so book your babysitter now! The event features music, dancing and entertainment. All proceeds benefit the Brockton Day Nursery.
6. Looking for something sweet to do with the family? Check out Blue Hills Trailside Museum’s Maple Sugar Festival. Learn how maple sugar is made at the beautiful DCR Brookwood Farm in Canton. The event will be held on both March 8 and 9, from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
7. Get out of the house and shop a little at the Spring Flea Market and Craft Shows on March 9, at 9 am. Over 100 dealers will be there! Admission is only $1.
8. Calling all Patriots fans! Meet your favorite Patriots alumni, mascot and cheerleaders at the Patriot Place Blood Drive in Foxboro. All participants will receive a Patriot-themed gift bag. The event is on March 9, from 9 am-3 pm.
9. The Children’s Museum in Easton is hosting Purim Merriment at the Museum on March 9, at 10 am. This family event celebrates Purim, the holiday when Queen Esther outwitted the evil Haman. You’ll enjoy dancing, a costume parade, crafts and Purim pastries! Register today.
10. Check out The Stories We Tell exhibit at Fuller Craft Museum while you still can. This exhibit is wrapping up with a reception on March 9 at 2 pm, where you can mingle with the artists and hears their stories firsthand.
What are you and your family doing this week? Let us know!