By: Rebecca Stephenson, Guest Contributor
Autumn can turn even the most adventurous among us into homebodies. Don’t let the temptation to snuggle by the fire all day keep your family from enjoying all of the fun fall activities happening in our area! To make it even easier for you to get out and explore, we’ve compiled a list of 11 “family-friendly” local events coming up in the next few weeks.
- Brockton’s 3rd Annual Shining Star Turkey Trot 5K Walk/Run on November 9th is a great way to get your whole family out of the house and exercising for a good cause! The run and walk start at 10 and 10:15 am, respectively. Hurry and register now because the first 100 to register will get a free t-shirt!
- The Robbins-Zust Family Marionettes in Randolph on Saturday, November 9th is a puppet show for kids of all ages! The group’s puppets are handcrafted and accompanied with live music.
- Why not get into the Christmas spirit early? The United Church of Christ, 1541 Washington St., Canton, is having Pictures With Santa on Saturday, November 9th from 9 am to 2 pm. Bring your children to take pictures with Santa, play fun games, and win prizes!
- First United Methodist Church, 103 Pleasant Street, Stoughton, is hosting a Holiday Fair on Saturday, November 9th. The fair will last from 10 am to 3 pm and have baked goods and handmade crafts for sale. Your kids will love the face painting, caricaturist, and games!
- The 30th Annual West Bridgewater Lions Club Craft Fair at West Bridgewater High School is Sunday, November 10th from 10 am to 4 pm. The locally-made crafts make great gift items and the fair will have face painting and other fun activities for kids!
- Teach your kids about a special day at the Veterans Day Celebration at The Children’s Museum in Easton on Monday, November 11th. The event starts at 9 am and includes patriotic-themed crafts, special activities, and a book adventure! Admission is $7.50 per person.
- Don’t miss the Veterans Day Parade in Brockton on Monday, November 11th! The parade starts in front of the War Memorial Building at 10 am and ends with a brief ceremony.
- Bryantville Methodist Church’s Seasons of the Heart Fair is Saturday, November 16th from 10 am to 2 pm. The fair showcases handmade crafts from all over the world and directly benefits the farmers and artisans who make them.
- The Fall Festival at Bright Stars Preschool, 240 Washington Street in North Easton, starts at 1:30 pm on Saturday, November 16th. This kid-friendly festival will have a petting zoo, a fall craft, a preschool fitness class, and more!
- The Annual Stoughton Life Teen Craft Fair takes place on Sunday, November 17th at the Immaculate Conception Church Hall. Go take a look at crafts made by local teens!
- The Robbins Museum of Archaeology is hosting a Children’s Archaeology Program on Tuesday, November 19th at 10:30 am. Your children will love the presentation and activities put together by archaeologist Craig Chartier. Make sure you pre-register because it fills up quickly.
What does your family love to do in the fall? If you know of other events in our area, please share them with us.