By: Robin Ruehrwein
Since it’s winter time, I wanted to share a recipe that I make for my family often during the cold months. It’s a recipe that everyone will actually eat, too! I posted it over on my blog, Masshole Mommy, a few weeks ago and it got a lot of great feedback, so I wanted to share it with all of you today.
Here’s what you need:
- 1 cup of chopped fresh onion
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can campbell’s tomato soup
- 1 (15 ounce) can of goya black beans (drained)
- 1 (15 ounce) can of goya kidney beans (drained)
- 1 lb ground beef or turkey
- 0.5 (1 1/4 ounce) packet of mccormicks mild chili seasoning mix
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can of diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 cups of shredded cheese – I use cheddar
- Cooking spray or simliar cooking spray
Here’s what you do:
Brown the ground beef (or turkey) in a pan.
Spray your crock pot with cooking spray.
Add all the rest of the ingredients with the exception of the shredded cheese, and stir.
Cook for approximately 4 hours on medium, stirring occasionally.
About 30 minutes or so before you want to serve your chili, add the shredded cheese, as much or as little as you desire.
Serve with your favorite side – mine is rice.
Hope you like!