By: Tanya Pimental
As a mom, I have had many friends over the years that have had babies or are also expecting. The first time around the gifts are easy and fun to buy for someone. But then you wonder what they really need the next time around postpartum for the baby and for themselves. I’d never go empty handed to meet a new baby and often will bring a prize for the older sibling(s). So for those of you that seem to be welcoming little ones into your circle of friends and family regularly, consider putting together a hospital survival gift bag for that new mom. Here are some things I have considered for the kit I am assembling for a dear friend expecting her fourth baby at the end of the week.
- Candy, find out her favorite
- Slippers or flip flops
- Gift card for either an e-reader or itunes
- Magazines if she doesn’t have an e-reader
- Chapstick, nicer ones like Burts Bees
- Non-slip hair bands/headbands
- Reusable water bottle with straw
- Soothies for a nursing mom
- Hand sanitizer
- Pocket sized notebook
There are also lots of great examples out there and I found a great printable label here.